ARRK February 2021 Discussion
Discussion of “Day 6 You and White Exceptionalism” from Layla F. Saad’s
Me and White Supremacy
4-5 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16
ARRK Meeting space (MS Teams)
Discussion Leader: Kelly Frost
The AntiRacism Reading KnooK (ARRK) is a collaboration between the K College library staff and our Inclusive Excellence (KCIE) leadership team. This initiative is NOT a book club, but seeks to facilitate campus-wide engagement with the books in the KCIE Reading for Change book collection. This collection was created to encourage learning about and facilitate greater access to antiracism information to all members of the campus community.
ARRK aims to:
- reduce barrier to entry into reading antiracism books,
- identify and highlight campus facilitators with experience teaching and/or disciplinary expertise who can provide context and guide discussions of specific texts,
- foster broader relationships among faculty and staff, and thus
- build greater capacity for an inclusive campus through sustained and focused engagement with shared texts.
- help catalyze members of the campus to engage in small group discussions of entire books in the collection (self-organized book clubs, if you will).
For further information on #ARRK or to volunteer to lead one of these sessions, visit the KCIE Reading for Change LibGuide.